Lighting Technicians Opera Australia
Posted on Monday, November 22nd, 2010
Opera Australia is seeking to engage 2 lighting technicians on seasonal contracts for its 2011 Summer Season (December 10 to April 11) at the Sydney Opera House.
The successful candidates will have at least 2 years experience as lighting technicians in a professional theatre environment and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A sound knowledge of the set-up and operation of both conventional and moving light fixtures.
- A good understanding of lighting control systems and associated power requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Excel software.
- Being highly motivated and team orientated.
- Having a genuine desire to work within the Arts and Entertainment Industry.
An EWP certificate, knowledge of Vectorworks and Strand 500 Series lighting consoles are desirable.
The positions involve working a 38-hour week, as rostered over a seven-day week.
To apply for above position please forward your resume by 3 December, 2010 to: Human Resources Director, Opera Australia, at – post: PO Box 291, Strawberry Hills 2012; fax: 02 9310 7559; email: email@example.com; quoting MTE/slt.