Lighting Operator (casual) Sydney Opera House
Posted on Tuesday, December 24th, 2013
This position is responsible to provide delivery of technical services that are customer focused and support performers to achieve excellence in their field of endeavour. This position is part of a small technical team to deliver outstanding theatre and entertainment production services.
This position ensures compliance with relevant technical and WHS standards and contributes to the ongoing development of WHS awareness at Sydney Opera House.
1. General technical expertise, skills and experience in all aspects of lighting operation.
2. Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 1 years) in professional live theatre/entertainment industry.
3. Cert 3 or equivalent demonstrated experience in theatre technical production is desirable.
4. Knowledge of SOH policies and procedures particularly with regard to WH&S.
5. Good communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
6. Good organisational, analytical and decision making skills.
7. Ability to work quickly under pressure and prioritise work.
8. Numerical ability and lateral thinking.
9. Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights, good hearing and vision.
10. Demonstrated ability with computer systems like Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc)
Download the Position Description Here
Job Status: Casual
Position No: SOH523
Wage: $23.95/hour (plus $3.73 scaled penalty + $5.58 casual loading) + superannuation
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Review the information provided in this Application Package to ensure you meet the selection criteria.
2. Prepare your responses to the Selection Criteria, as a guide1or2 paragraphs, demonstrating how you meet each criterion. Please note applications are shortlisted based on your responses to the selection criteria.
3. Applications can be submitted at http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: Toby Sewell
Phone: 02 9250-7862
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Thursday 9th January, 2014