Lighting Applications Engineer
Posted on Friday, February 4th, 2011
Jands are seeking a Lighting Applications Engineer to join their Technical Resource Department.
This dynamic role is ideal for someone with broad industry experience in the design, quotation, installation, commissioning and trouble shooting of professional lighting systems in applications such as theatres, live production and contracting.
The Lighting Applications Engineer shall be responsible for:
• providing design and associated costing of lighting systems, including for tender documents
• providing technical support and application assistance to end-users
• facilitating product training for relevant internal and external parties
• assisting with administration and support of demonstration product and
• Pre-delivery testing of lighting product.
As well as a passion for professional lighting, the successful candidate will ideally possess:
• minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience, preferably in leading performing arts venue(s), production companies and/or pro-lighting contractors
• comprehensive understanding of the requirements of modern pro-lighting systems including system operation
• familiarity with the latest control protocols and the latest CAD design programs relevant to professional lighting industry
• advanced PC ability
• excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair for presenting
• proven experience in developing strong customer relations and,
• current NSW driver’s licence.
To be successful in the role you must be organised, have a keen eye for detail and the ability to prioritise. Inter/intrastate travel will be required on an intermittent basis to meet project objectives. Representing the company at trade shows and business functions, both in/out of business hours will be required on an intermittent basis.
If you believe you are the person for the job please forward your resume to Human Resources.
Jands Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 15
Mascot NSW 1460
Facsimile: (02) 9582 0999
Applications close: Sunday, February 27, 2011