Lawler Studio Technician
Posted on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010
Based at the MTC Theatre, the Studio Technician will mainly be responsible for the technical needs of the Lawler Studio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lighting desk programmer and operator for Lawler Studio shows. Act as Head Technician on events hirers including in the Studio, functions and foyer spaces
• Be trained on Sumner Theatre technologies including lighting operation, sound operation and power fly system so that this position can cover for Sumner staff absences
• If the Lawler is dark, work with the MTC production department on the build of shows and/or work in the Sumner or Arts Centre as part of the crew on a MTC production
• Assist with building maintenance tasks as required by the Building Services Manager, particularly building globe replacements.
With the Theatre Technical Manager establish:
• technical protocols for the Studio
• technical protocols for hirers across the Studio & function spaces
• technical information for hirers
• Assist in writing up any specific EHS documentation for the Studio
• Liaise with the Technical Manager for incoming productions to the Studio and disseminate info to Production departments including attendance at hirer meetings
• Book casual crew if required for events under the direction of the Technical Manager
• Assist the Stage Manager with the preshow set up and post show strike if required.
Please note this position is for a fixed term of 12 months.
To view the full position description and to apply, please visit our website: http://www.mtc.com.au/about/employment/employment.aspx
Applications close Tuesday, 9 November 2010 at 5pm.