Junior Lighting Technician, GTV9
Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the GTV9 Lighting Department as a Junior Lighting Technician.
To be successful in this role, you will be energetic, creative, a self-starter, and a team player who is willing to learn the craft of television lighting.
Weekend, public holiday, morning, afternoon, evening and overtime shifts are a requirement of this position.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
* Report to the Lighting Supervisor
* Set up and operate lighting equipment under the direction of the Senior Lighting Technician or Lighting Director
* Work on the studio floor and in the field on outside broadcasts
* Work as part of a close knit team
* Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
* Be able to work in both a team environment and unsupervised
* Able to work under pressure
* Organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
* Logical thinker with fault finding ability
* An ability to exercise initiative when required
* To have a basic knowledge and experience in working with Lighting Systems
* Current Drivers Licence
If you are interested in applying for this position and possess the necessary skills and attitude, please forward your resumé, together with a letter of application to:
Technical Operations Manager GTV
717 Bourke Street
Docklands VIC 3008
Applications close COB Friday 21st June 2013