Hire Department Assistant – Concert Lighting Systems, Melbourne
Posted on Monday, January 24th, 2011
Concert Lighting Systems Australia Pty Ltd is seeking a Hire Department Assistant for our Melbourne
Concert Lighting Systems Australia (CLS) is an Australian owned company established in 1976 with the main office and factory situated in Melbourne and another office located in Sydney.
CLS specialise in the manufacture, supply and production of stage lighting, rigging and accessories for entertainment, exhibitions and displays throughout Australasia. Professional commitment to provide superior service has put CLS at the forefront in stage lighting events including rock’n’roll, theatre, corporate, exhibitions, launches, promotions, parties and parades.
- Prepping outgoing orders and checking returns back in – so some knowledge of lighting and rigging equipment would be useful, but on the job training will be given.
- Testing conventional and moving lights and controllers.
- Deliveries and pickups in company vehicles.
- Doing small installs – which may mean after hours jobs as gigs usually run during weekends and at nights.
- Clean and maintain hire equipment and general cleaning – ensuring to keep the warehouse clean, safe and presentable.
- Setting equipment up on site and dismantling it.
You should have:
- An interest in stage lighting whether it be theatre, rock and roll, corporate, or rigging.
- A full Victorian drivers licence.
- A good back as there will be some heavy lifting involved.
- Be self-motivated and able to see what needs to be done and do it.
- Be polite, helpful and courteous to customers.
- Be punctual, responsible, well presented and be able to get along with the rest of the team.
Your advantages would include: Rental Point software experience, certificates relating to the industry like EWP, Boom lift, and forklift ticket, Riggers, doggers, Stage / Lighting certificates, electrical or electronics courses.
Full time position is available. Wage is negotiable based on experience.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (03) 9682 6777.