Head of Production, Arts Centre Melbourne
Posted on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013
Full Time – Band 6 – $113,558 pa.
An exciting opportunity exists for someone to join us in the senior role of Head of Production.
Reporting to the Executive Performing Arts, you will be responsible for leading the Production Business Unit and ensuring the successful delivery of performance programs in line with Arts Centre Melbourne corporate and business plans. In this role you will have direct accountability for six senior managers and the overall management of a large and varied workforce across lighting, sound, mechanical and stage management disciplines.
As the Head of Production you will be accountable for:
* Actively contributing to the success of the Performing Arts Portfolio and Arts Centre Melbourne;
* Supporting the Performing Arts Portfolio in the delivery of great events which meet corporate and business plans;
* Effectively leading specialist staff, ensuring appropriate definition, coordination and delivery of key information at all times;
* Encouraging collaboration with stakeholders on significant projects;
* Producing accurate reports as required;
* Ensuring OH&S compliance; and
* Applying risk management practices to ensure Arts Centre Melbourne’s risks are identified and effectively managed.
To be successful in this role you will be required to demonstrate:
* Significant experience in a similar role and leading a large team;
* Broad experience in the strategic planning, development and management of high quality artistic and creative productions;
* Demonstrated experience in managing implementation plans including creating and managing budgets;
* Wide experience in a senior leadership role;
* Extensive knowledge in at least one backstage discipline;
* Demonstrated experience in managing a production unit with significant staffing responsibilities; and
* Excellent working knowledge of current OH&S practice, legislative and policy requirements.
Further information about the position requirements can be obtained by referring to the attached position description or by contacting Tim Brinkman, Executive Performing Arts on 9281 8991.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Applications can be made via the Arts Centre Melbourne employment page and must address the key selection criteria and include a cover letter.
Please direct any queries about the application process to Human Resources on 9281 8539.
Applications will close on Sunday 11th August 2013.