Head of Lighting, Sydney Theatre Company
Posted on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
The main purpose of this position is :
• To provide electrical support to Sydney Theatre Company on a range of theatre projects in the pre-production and run periods.
• To provide Electrical support to Sydney Theatre Company in a range of theatre venues, including the Drama Theatre of the Sydney Opera House, Wharf 1 and Wharf 2 Theatres at The Wharf, Sydney Theatre and in touring venues as required.
• To provide support and advice to the Technical Manager in the on-going maintenance of the Electrical Department requirements
• To act as Head Technician for shows as required by the Technical Manager and the Head of Production.
• To manage permanent, seasonal and casual Lighting staff and be responsible for the efficient Bump-in, run and bump-out of electrical aspects of Sydney Theatre Company shows.
• To provide a point of detailed contact for designers as well as advising on electrical aspects of any design concept.
• To manage the day-to-day repair and maintenance of Sydney Theatre Company shows during their season.
• To initiate and maintain high levels of communication with all stakeholders particularly within the production department including proactive participation and leadership in meetings.
• To prepare electrical aspects of productions for touring.
• To recommend the purchase and up-grade of electrical equipment.
• To proactively manage the performance and development of the electrical staff through regular feedback, meetings and formalised performance and development plans.
• To recommend appropriate training for electrical staff.
• Maintain in a safe and professional manner all electrical areas of the Wharf Theatres.
• To be conversant with the Sydney Theatre Company Theatricals Certified Agreement as it relates to the Live Theatre and Concert Award 1998 and NSW Work Health and Safety Act and Regulation 2011 and be apprised of changes.
• To be conversant in the Australian Standards relating to the use and maintenance of electrical equipment
• To maintain items of stock for re-use.
• To tour as required.
• To act as lighting realiser as required.
• To undertake other duties as required.
For a full job description click here
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 9am Monday 17June 2013.