Head of Lighting, PRG Gearhouse, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posted on Wednesday, June 29th, 2016
We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Lighting. This is a key role within our organisation as the successful candidate will lead the region’s largest and most successful team of lighting professionals. With unparalleled access to the world’s most extensive stock of equipment and resources your role will be to mentor your team and manage delivery standards across a number of exciting projects.
As the Head of Lighting you will have direct input into shaping the future of your department as you will be responsible for identifying and recommending capital expenditure to ensure your department remains at the forefront of the industry.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensure that an accurate brief of requirements is developed through dialogue with the Project Managers and our clients offering guidance and advice to ensure the highest possible production and safety standards are met.
- Liaise with the Project Managers and clients to source all relevant production details. (in particular identifying exceptional requirements)
- Ensure that all members of the Lighting department can competently install, set-up, and de-rig Lighting equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Communicate with department staff to ensure that they understand all elements of a project and the associated production schedule.
- Manage and oversee the testing of all Lighting equipment in line with regulations, ensuring the company has appropriate certification or licensing and the correct attire or tools to complete the project in a competent, safe and efficient manner.
- Plan the maintenance, repair and upgrades of all Lighting equipment, ensuring all stock is regularly serviced / repaired and available for rental.
- Develop processes to make the delivery run smoothly and increase efficiency and profitability of the business unit.
- Identify new equipment required for the department, assessing its’ suitability to fit in with the departments current stock and demands of the market.
- Supervise / Manage a team onsite when necessary.
- Provide, procure or develop any training programs to ensure we operate at the highest standards.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to develop and optimise individual and team capability.
- Operating within current health and safety regulations to ensure a safe environment.
Skills and attributes required:
- Minimum 5+ year’s experience as a Lighting Technician / Engineer in the live event’s industry.
- Experience in managing and motivating a team to achieve results.
- Excellent knowledge of power distribution and load calculations.
- Able to manage resources during very busy periods, implementing contingencies to meet the changing business needs.
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly; written and spoken.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience using equipment rental software is desirable.
- Extensive computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications, experience using CAD, WYSIWIG and Vectorworks.
- Good understanding of Special effects such as Smoke, Dry Ice and Flame machines.
- A good understanding of electrical safety at work and safe working practices.
- An understanding of rigging principles.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task.
- Maturity to deal with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Positive attitude to extra duties and new challenges.
- Ability to understand and comply with the Company’s Health and Safety Rules.
With year round sunshine and an attractive expat lifestyle, a position with PRG Gearhouse will challenge and develop your skillset. All positions benefit from an attractive tax-free salary package, medical cover & expat residency status.
Successful candidates will have an excellent command of the English language (both written and oral) and hold a full driving license.
If you feel you could enjoy an opportunity that offers guaranteed career development whilst contributing to the team and the company please send us a covering letter and up-to-date CV to email@example.com