Head of Lighting, MECC
Posted on Monday, January 21st, 2013
The Mackay Entertainment & Convention Centre is one of the largest and busiest facilities of its kind in regional Australia. The Centre has the claim of being the largest and most isolated facility of its type on the Australian eastern seaboard. This also gives our Centre one of the largest catchment areas in Australia. With an amazing variety of events, we require the services of Head of Lighting. Mackay is situated in tropical North QLD, and is the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands, we have a superb climate, our region is one of the fastest growing in Australia, and we are experiencing a resource boom which gives the City an enviable economy.
Supervise, operate and maintain all of the Mackay Entertainment & Convention Centre’s lighting requirements. Supervise technical staff, and assist visiting companies, hirers and backstage workers /volunteers. Assist and contribute to the management and operation of the Centre, particularly in the technical services area and Provide technical services to the community in accordance with the Centre’s procedures.
shall include, but not be limited to:
1. To coordinate all lighting and stage lighting and coordinate all technical aspects of the Centre.
2. Supervise technical staff and visiting companies / hirers.
3. Maintain required stock levels and undertake regular budgetary analysis to ensure expenditures are within acceptable levels.
4. Provide quotations for equipment and staff requirements.
5. Provide and maintain the efficient operation of all lighting equipment in line with recognized work safety standards.
6. Provide stage lighting, designs and effects as required for conferences, theatre and other presentations.
7. Other responsibilities as delegated by Management within the scope of this position
For more information go to: https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/eR21v323/VacancyList.aspx