Head of Lighting, Mackay Entertainment & Convention Centre
Posted on Monday, November 7th, 2011
If you want to join a dynamic, flexible and rewarding team that prides itself on a strong partnership with the community then the Mackay Regional Council is the perfect organisation for you!
With unspoilt coastal beaches, flourishing botanic gardens, family friendly aquatic facilities, top-notch art galleries and state-of-the-art Entertainment and Convention Centre the Mackay region’s rapid growth and natural beauty have caught the eye of those wanting a family orientated and laid back lifestyle.
• To coordinate all lighting and stage lighting within the Centre
• To assist in coordinating all technical aspects of the Centre
• Supervise technical staff and visiting companies / hirers
• To provide technical support for conferences, theatre and other presentations as required.
• To act as adviser and/or consultant in the use of the Centre’s equipment by the client and or representative/s.
• A minimum 3 years experience in theatrical/stage lighting and operational lighting consoles is required.
• Basic riggers ticket or a willingness to obtain
• Tagging and testing qualifications and a limited electrical license would be advantageous
• Must have a proven knowledge of lighting and design concepts relating to theatrical/conference presentations
• Experience in the use of a theatre flying system is desirable.
For a Position Description and information on how to apply please visit http://www.mackay.qld.gov.au/careers
Salary & Benefits Package:
$52,773 – $58,250
Up to 18% superannuation
Choice of 4 or 5 weeks annual leave
Applications Close: 20 November 2011
Contact: Mark Fawcett
Ph 1300 MACKAY (1300 622 529)