Head of Lighting, Jupiters Hotel & Casino, Gold Coast
Posted on Friday, September 28th, 2012
Want to shine the spotlight on your career? When it comes to the best of the best in live entertainment, there is no match for the Glitter Strip’s leader in live concerts, stage shows and mega events, Jupiters Hotel & Casino…which means, there’s no better place to take centre stage in the workplace!
Jupiters Hotel & Casino has established itself as the destination for big names having welcomed an enviable line-up of national and international acts, as well as celebrity guests. With so many amazing entertainment offerings, it’s hard to believe the best is yet to come, but as a team member in Entertainment at Jupiters Hotel & Casino, you will continue to deliver unforgettable experiences for the Gold Coast.
We are currently looking for a team player who can join the entertainment crew as Head of Lighting.
To be successful, you will demonstrate your capabilities in the following fields:
• Providing lighting support and advice to the Resident Production Manager & Technical Director on a range of theatre projects in the pre-production and run periods
• Advanced live lighting design and operational experience
• Have advanced maintenance experience together with an ability to fault find with an eye for detail
• Operate flexibly between work areas including but not limited to Head of Lighting, lighting operator, design and programming.
• Have advanced skills to make changes to the lighting design and programming of the show
• Advanced knowledge of and ability to operate and program computerised lighting equipment in a theatrical and live music environment
• You will have the strong ability to work from production drawings, prints or plans and have advanced skills in operating, maintaining, setting up and adjusting all lighting production equipment
• Supervision of seasonal and casual lighting crew and responsibility for the efficient lighting Bump-in and out of all shows in the theatre and other Entertainment area’s within Jupiters Hotel & Casino and external venues including loading and unloading of trucks as directed
• Rostering of lighting crew and assisting The Resident Production Manager & Technical Director with planning and costing of initial lighting design concepts as required
• Providing a point of detailed contact for lighting engineers as well as advising on lighting aspects of the lighting concept and delivering specialist advice to the creative process
• Supervision of the on-going repair and maintenance of lighting equipment within entertainment venues in Jupiters Hotel & Casino
• Overseeing and recommending the purchase and up-grade of lighting equipment within entertainment venues in Jupiters Hotel & Casino and also recommending and implementing appropriate training for lighting staff.
• Maintaining a safe and professional working environment for all lighting work areas including but not limited to the back stage area, lighting booth, catwalk etc.
• Conversant with the Live Performance Australia Award – 2010, Occupational, Health and Safety Act legislation, Industry guidelines and be up to date on any changes
• Ensuring all MSDS requirements are met for the lighting department ensuring the MSDS register is current and maintained and all crew are complying with all current safe work codes and standards
• Assisting with the drafting of Safe Work Method Statements for all lighting department tasks and ensuring they are implemented.
• Maintaining all lighting equipment and their register, certificates of competency register and the PPE register
• Budget management skills as well as have the ability to improve and motivate the crew whilst advancing their technical skills
In this role you will have a minimum of 5 years experience as Head of lighting in the theatrical environment with previous experience in live theatre and music (rock and roll) highly desirable as well as flexibility with working hours, including evening and weekends. You will also have qualifications WH&S supervision along with the ability to work in a close team environment with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
So if you want the most entertaining job in town, then apply to work at the home of live entertainment, Jupiters Hotel & Casino.
To apply for this opportunity, please head to our website www.jupitersgoldcoast.com.au/careers and search for “Lighting”.