Head Electrician Touring
Posted on Tuesday, October 17th, 2017
Bell Shakespeare is looking for an experienced Sydney Based Head Electrician to join the National Touring team in 2018. The role of Head Electrician is a contracted 5 month touring position and is responsible for the touring, delivery and maintenance of the lighting elements of the production. This person will be an approachable, relaxed and friendly team player keen to join a team of professionals to undertake a challenging but rewarding tour.
The Head Electrician will provide support and advice to the Production Manager and Technical Supervisor in the planning, maintenance and performance of productions relating to lighting and practical elements as well as participating as part of a team, specifically performing a leadership role, ensuring the delivery of performances and installation of lighting and technical equipment in a range of venues across Australia. As a key company representative, the Head Electrician should have a passion for working with, educating and inspiring crews across the country.
Successful applicants will have:
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- A drivers license
- A minimum of two years’ industry experience
- Experience in touring live theatrical works and regional touring desirable
- A solid knowledge of theatre production techniques
- Ability to interpret and create technical drawings including the use of Vectorworks or other CAD applications.
- Proven ability to work in team environments whilst also able to work autonomously
- Be available to tour for extended lengths of time
- A solid knowledge of and experience in operating and programming ETC platform lighting consoles
- Be a Sydney based employee
- Basic rigging experience desirable but not essential
- Be an Australian Citizen or hold permanent residency
- Proficiency in using software packages such as MS office and Vectorworks
- Flexible attitude to duties, responsibilities and working hours within the skill set of the position
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a few words on why you would like to join the Bell Shakespeare team to:
Application submissions for this position will close at 5pm 10th November, 2017.