Head Electrician, Sydney Lyric
Posted on Tuesday, October 9th, 2012
As one of Sydney’s premier commercial theatres, the Sydney Lyric has hosted leading first class theatrical and concert events in Sydney for more than 15 years. Located in The Star entertainment complex, an opportunity exists for an experienced theatre professional to join the Sydney Lyric team as Head Electrician as a full time appointment.
• Supervision the day to day technical services and theatre infrastructure, both show specific and general theatre upkeep
• Completing technical and general theatre maintenance
• Delivering theatre specific technical advice and services
• Working closely with Theatre Management to provide the first class technical services to clients
• Liaison with production teams to deliver seamless theatre operations
• Working within Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Selection Criteria – Experience & Background
• Thorough knowledge in the field of stage lighting, electrics and theatre operations.
• Thorough technical knowledge and experience in the setup and presentation of live theatre productions and concerts
• Proven ability to work well as in a team environment and also achieve operational goals independently
• Ability to work nights and weekends on a standard roster dictated by the schedule for each hosted production
• Ability to interpret technical plans and specifications
• A proven ability to work proactively and flexibly within not only your immediate team but also within other theatre environments
• A high standard of personal appearance
• A high understanding of IT software products typically employed in theatres
The ideal candidate will have several years experience in technical theatre operations and be ready to step up into a busy leading role in the Sydney Lyric’s operations. Successful applicants will be well presented, have excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
The successful candidate will also be required to work at the Capitol Theatre from time to time
This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic team player who seeks to join a new management team in one of Sydney’s most iconic theatres
The remuneration offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and will be tailored to the role.
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? If you have the experience and background for this role, we would like to hear from you. Please apply by sending a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and your detailed resume to email@example.com. Applications close 17 October 2011. If you have any questions about the role please call Paul Rigby on 02 9320 5060.