grandMA dominates the world touring scene
Posted on Wednesday, February 11th, 2009
Prestigious Billboard Magazine has announced the Top 10 Tours of 2008, according to total sales, and they all have one important common factor – they all rely on a MA Lighting grandMA for lighting control!
1. Lighting Director Pat Brannon had 3 grandMA consoles and 6 grandMA NSPs out on Bon Jovi’s Lost Highway Tour.
2. Lighting Designer Jeff Ravitz specified a grandMA console plus a grandMA light console for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Magic Tour.
3. Madonna’s “Sticky & Sweet” World Tour, designed by Leroy Bennett, utilized a couple of grandMA consoles and 5 grandMA NSPs.
4. Patrick Woodroffe designed The Police World Tour with 2 grandMA lighting consoles.
5. Celine Dion’s Taking Chances Tour designed by Yves Aucoin relied on 2 grandMA consoles, 1 MA Lighting replay units, 7 MA Lighting NSPs and 4 MA Lighting Node 2 truss mount units.
6. Lighting Designer Mike Swinford used a grandMA for Kenny Chesney’s Poets and Pirates Tour.
7. Neil Diamond World Tour 2008 saw Lighting Designer Marilyn Lowey with 2 grandMA consoles and 5 MA Lighting grandMA NSPs.
8. Spice Girls Reunion World Tour, also designed by Leroy Bennett, used 3 grandMA consoles and 10 grandMA NSPs.
9. Lighting Designer / Director Dave Hill had 2 grandMA consoles out on the Eagles Long Road Out of Eden World Tour.
10. Rascal Flatts’ “Bob That Head” Tour, designed by Andy Knighton, used 2 grandMA consoles and 4 grandMA NSPs.
It goes to show that the world’s top lighting designers and directors trust MA Lighting products from the family of technologically-advanced lighting consoles, to networking components and digital dimming systems. With integrated system solutions and the grandMA product family, MA Lighting has taken on the world – literally.