Event Centre Head of Rigging
Posted on Thursday, September 27th, 2012
This role will supervise all rigging and staging operations at The Star Event Centre.
The successful candidate will operate rigging, staging and automation systems as required for event staging and set ups, ensuring compliance with Australian standards. You will supervise & operate retractable seating and operable walls, the set up and use of mega-deck portable staging units as required, along with all drape and other staging systems used in the Event Centre.
• Supervise and complete all rigging and staging production requests from various internal departments and where required organise hire of equipment from suppliers.
• Attend production meetings and document rigging and staging requirements for upcoming events.
• Operate rigging and staging systems during events when required
• Supervise bump-ins and set-ups for all event staging rigging and drapes.
• Ensure all rigging and staging systems are regularly serviced and where necessary carry out repairs or engage contractors to assist.
• Supervise maintenance of all hardware fixtures and fittings floor and wall surfaces as required in conjunction with the Star Facilities department.
Required Skills & Experience;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in supervising large concerts and stage rigging is essential
• Ability to discuss technical industry requirements in rigging / staging, safety and procurement.
• NSW full rigging license essential
• Elevated work platform ticket holder
• Fork lift license desirable
• Experience in In-house and corporate production rigging requirements.
• Experience in setting up portable staging and curtain systems
• Carpentry and or welding skills desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working at The Star brings some great benefits, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars & restaurants, lunch provided daily, discounted city parking plus much more!
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Apply now via the link to be part of our passionate team.
Contact Nick Leach on +61 2 8514 9411 or firstname.lastname@example.org