Event Centre Head Lighting Operator
Posted on Thursday, September 27th, 2012
We are currently looking to recruit a Head Lighting Operator to supervise and operate lighting systems as required for concerts and events booked into The Star Event Centre. You will maintain event centre lighting equipment and related infrastructure, provide lighting advice to clients and venue hirers & engage suitable lighting teams to provide high quality service for major events. You will also lead lighting teams to design, rig, patch, program and fault-find lighting systems.
- Supervise lighting rigging, patching and programing for all events
- Operate lighting systems as required for corporate events and concerts
- Attend production meetings and document lighting requirements for upcoming events.
- Design lighting rigs and document if required.
- Supervise and complete all lighting production requests from various internal departments and where required organise hire of equipment from suppliers.
- Ensure all lighting systems are regularly serviced and where necessary carry out repairs.
Required Skills & Experience;
- Technical certificate in stage lighting operation and maintenance desirable.
- Min 4 years’ experience working with large stage lighting systems.
- Experience in In-house and corporate production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to discuss technical industry requirements in lighting, safety and procurement.
- Elevated work platform license desirable
- Sound working knowledge of GrandMA control and moving light fixtures such as Vari-Lite, Clay-Paky and Martin.
- Experience in computer aided design (CAD) desirable
- Riggers license desirable.
Working at The Star brings some great benefits, including generous discounts at our hotels, bars & restaurants, lunch provided daily, discounted city parking plus much more!
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Apply now via the link to be part of our passionate team.
Contact Nick Leach on +61 2 8514 9411 or email@example.com