Director Technical and Production, Sydney Theatre
Posted on Tuesday, September 24th, 2013
This position is for an initial three year fixed term contract.
The usual hours of work are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. However, the job requires a willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and these additional hours have been taken into consideration when setting remuneration and conditions.
The position is based at The Wharf, Sydney Theatre Company, Pier 4 Hickson Road, Walsh Bay.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience
* 4 weeks annual leave
* Complimentary tickets to all STC productions
In order to make your application for this position, please forward your resume and a cover letter briefly demonstrating how your experience is applicable to the listed competencies and key responsibilities outlined in the job description and below:
* Extensive experience in a large performing arts organisation leading a technical and production area, including planning, budgeting, strategic and people management.
* Strong leadership skills including leading successful productions from end to end
* Thorough understanding of all aspects involved in technical theatre, including construction, lighting equipment, rigging and sound
* Exemplary communication, people management and development skills
* Creative insight and judgement
* The ability to thrive in a high pressure environment with many competing priorities
* Understanding of new technologies and their application in design and execution
* A strong appreciation for the art form of theatre
* Demonstrated experience in managing production schedules, negotiating with staff and unions, and managing multiple projects at once
* Understanding and commitment to WH&S, community obligations and sustainability practices
For a copy of the complete job pack please email reception at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 02 9250 1700
Please forward your application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 14 October 2013