Digital Projection Specialist
Posted on Monday, October 17th, 2011
The Electric Canvas is an award winning Australian company recognised internationally as a leader in large-scale projections and video control equipment for the Events and Theatre Industries. We use both large-format filmstrip and high power digital projection techniques to create innovative solutions and achieve outstanding results for our clients.
We are currently looking for experienced Audio Visual Technicians with demonstrated skills in the area of Digital Projection and Media Server operations to join our small, dedicated team of professionals on a full time or freelance basis. The role will encompass the maintenance, preparation, installation and operation of projection equipment and multimedia control systems, required for the successful delivery of technically complex events across our international marketplace.
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and qualities;
- A minimum of 5 years professional industry hands-on technical experience.
- Experience with Christie projectors and Watchout preferred.
- The ability to liaise with clients, crew, freelancers, other event stakeholders and venue staff in a professional manner at all times.
- A high level of organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A team orientated approach to work and a maturity to deal with people at all levels.
- Advanced computer and IT skills (Mac & PC).
- An understanding of and proactive approach to OH&S requirements.
- Physical fitness including the experience and ability to undertake work at height.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Availability to work away from Sydney (nationally and internationally).
- Current drivers’ license and passport.
Projection and multimedia control is becoming a key aspect of theatre today. An opportunity is available to expand on your existing skills, and be part of headline productions. You will also be involved in the highly specialised and challenging field of large format projection, and be exposed to some of the best technical and creative minds in the industry. If you have a positive attitude and strong work ethic, this will be an ideal chance for career growth and development.
Industry-leading salary and conditions will be offered commensurate with experience and qualifications. For further information about The Electric Canvas please visit our web site www.theelectriccanvas.com.au
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to the following address; firstname.lastname@example.org