Digital Media Systems Technician
Posted on Monday, October 18th, 2010
- Rewarding and Innovative Culture
- Located at Melbourne Museum
- Friendly and Supportive Team
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Digital Media Systems Technician to provide maintenance and technical support services for the operation and development of exhibition spaces and programs.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at four distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, IMAX Cinema, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary focus of this position is to help fulfil the daily digital media systems operation and maintenance requirements of exhibition and to support project teams in the development of new visitor experiences.
Key knowledge and skills:
- Experience in operation and fault finding of a variety of digital media systems, particularly video, audio, projection and computer-based devices.
- Proven ability in the operation of computers based on Windows operating systems and a working knowledge of computer networking techniques.
- Manual skills and experience installing audio-visual devices and digital media infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest OH&S and site safety practices
The successful applicant will have a customer service focus and well developed communication and interpersonal skills; be able to work well within teams; demonstrated experience in initiating and leading small technical projects; and a sound knowledge of current trends and developments, including sustainability, within the exhibition and affiliated industries and an awareness of the ICOM code of ethics.
WHY WORK FOR MUSEUM VICTORIA?
Not only can Museum Victoria offer you the opportunity to take your career to the next level, Museum Victoria can offer you…
- The opportunity to work with the latest technology.
- An exciting and stimulating working environment.
- An opportunity to work on unusual exhibitions.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, please visit http://bit.ly/MuseumVicJobs. For more information, please contact Andy Greenwood on 0418 357 116. To apply, please send your Resume and Covering Letter to email@example.com quoting position number MV/9029 by Monday 25th October 2010.