Crew Manager Melbourne
Posted on Monday, March 21st, 2011
Staging Connections is one of Asia Pacific’s leading event staging services provider. With over 25 years’ experience, more than 750 dedicated staff and operations across 100 locations, including in-house partnerships at over 70 premier venues. Staging Connections offers a range of technical, styling and design services to deliver highly professional corporate events.
Are you a rostering specialist with outstanding and planning and leadership abilities? Then this role is for you. Reporting to the Head of Production you will be part of the management team and responsible for the efficient deployment of our Crew.
* Manage, review and improve the rostering system and processes;
* Coaching and mentoring of Crew;
* Effectively deploy full time, casual and contract Crew across all our Melbourne venues and events;
* Manage internal rostering systems, capturing and authorising all data accurately;
* Maintain sufficient numbers of casual crew with a broad range of skills to handle business peak periods;
* Liaise with heads of departments to ensure that shows are adequately staffed and resource allocation is planned well in advance;
* Ensure Crew is aware of and complying with company policies and procedures as well as policies and standards of our venue partners;
* Coordinate crew training requirements; and
* Preparation of labour reports.
* Experience in managing and leading a large team;
* Proven rostering expertise;
* The ability to make sound decisions under time and budget constraints;
* High level computer skills;
* Financial management skills – sound understanding of cost control and budgeting;
* Highly developed customer service, communication and time management skills;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* People management, leadership and conflict resolution skills; and
* Available to work after hours when required.
This role offers you a great opportunity to join a highly successful and dynamic company that is currently experiencing high levels of growth, and will provide you with the experience required to take the next step in your career. The successful applicant will be rewarded with a stimulating work environment.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and a covering letter to Joanne Parkinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this role please phone Ian Kirkwood on 03 9321 6664.
Applications close Friday 1st April 2011