Operations Manager, Perth
Posted on Monday, September 11th, 2017
Must be familiar with Rigging & Scaffolding in the Entertainment Industry.
Seasonal Work, for the right person can lead onto a full time position.
Reporting to the managing director you will be responsible for the day to day organisation and efficient operations of the business. You will be working closely with the administrative and sales staff to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the company’s product and services.
The role is a demanding position and you will be juggling various tasks at the one time and this will require an outstanding ability to multitask and communicate effectively.
Your problem solving skills will be exercised daily and you will need to exhibit outstanding time management and logistical understanding particular to the events industry while adhering to industry best OH&S standards.
- Manage casual staff in warehouse
- Ensure client orders are satisfied efficiently with a focus on exceptional quality control
- Book appropriate crew for jobs
- Identifying product or logistical problems and overcoming them in the most cost effective and efficient way.
- Utilise the FLEX software system to control all aspects of the projects including stock control, staff and vehicle movements.
- Manage and maintain all stock and equipment keeping logs of all electrical gear ensuring industry compliance.
- Attend events bump in/out as required
- Quoting – Liaising with Clients – Booking Crew – Creating Prep Lists
- Crew Bossing & Building the Job to the Client Specifications – meeting time lines & budgets
- Experience in a similar role for a minimum of 5 years
- Demonstrated excellent communication and organisational skills
- Computer skills: word, excel, Outlook, FLEX Rental System
- Ability to work independently with a high level of professionalism and initiative
- Demonstrate exception problem solving ability with an acute attention to detail
- Open manual drivers licence, HR preferred
- Forklift licence
- Basic Riggers Ticket
- Test & Tag licence
- Current Car Licence – Own Car
If this is you please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Services Supervisor
Posted on Thursday, September 7th, 2017
The City of Karratha is offering an exciting new opportunity for an experienced individual to support our Arts & Culture department as the Technical Services Supervisor. This position is based in Karratha, offering an attractive salary and a range of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Six weeks’ annual leave
- Wellness program
- Monthly ATO
The Technical Services Supervisor is responsible for the successful operation of the Red Earth Arts Precinct in relation to the technical and staging elements of customer experience and client expectation. The Technical Services Supervisor is one of the key members of the City’s Arts and Culture Team and will contribute to development of arts and cultural appreciation, participation and capacity throughout the City.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field or 5 years’ industry experience (Essential)
- Licence to perform high risk work for Elevated Work Platform (WP)
- Licence to perform high risk work for Rigging
- Knowledge and experience in Manual Handling and Working at Heights
- First Aid certificate
- Current C class Drivers Licence
- National (or Federal) Police Certificate (no more than 6 months old)
- Previous local government experience (desirable)
Applications are to include a CV and covering letter (max 2 pages) indicating your ability to meet the role requirements as stated in the position description.
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jenna Cunningham on 9186 8543.
Applications are to be received by no later than 4.00pm, Wednesday 13th September 2017. They are to be marked “Private and Confidential” and emailed to email@example.com or sent via post to PO Box 219 Karratha WA 6714.
Staging Technician, SOH part time
Posted on Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
This role works as part of a team to deliver the highest technical services in the field of staging. The role is customer focused and supports performers to achieve excellence in their field, drawing on high level of skills and experience as a technical operator and a formidable aptitude for, and comprehensive understanding of, staging equipment and systems. This role leads small technical teams to deliver outstanding theatre and entertainment production services to clients. This role upholds relevant technical and WHS standards and contributes to the ongoing development of WHS awareness at the Opera House. It also contributes to the management, development, care and security of the technical equipment at the Opera House and assists in the development of skills and standards within the Theatre & Events portfolio that meet presenter and SOH expectations.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 3 years) in professional staging services.
- Ability to set and construct staging equipment and scenery by following plans and other documentation for a wide range of performances.
- Experience in operation of all staging machinery and equipment including fly systems and stage lifts.
- Ability and experience in the use of hand and power tools.
- National HRW licence in dogging is desirable for this role.
- Ability to lead small teams to execute an effective and efficient outcome.
- Ability to interpret and create relevant event documents and implement technical staging production requirements.
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights.
- Ability and commitment to work on a rotating shift basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within teams and across multiple disciplines to ensure completion of work.
- Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to abide by Opera House policies, particularly WHS procedures including manual handling techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of computer-related technology.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
1. Please outline your experience in Staging, specifically in live theatre.
2. Outline your relevant experience in dealing with high pressure situations. Highlight what you believe are the most important characteristics that you possess which enable you to succeed a high pressured environment.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at http://jobs.nsw.gov.au. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Part-time , 30 hours per week – Temporary (12 months contract) Position No: SOH1115 Salary: Base wage of $33.50 per hour plus scaled penalties of 15% ($5.03 per hour) and 9.5% superannuation contribution.
Applications Close: 24th September 2017 Enquiries: Warren Sutton
Service Technician, Show Technology Melbourne
Posted on Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
A rare opportunity exists for a qualified technician to join the team to our new office at Show Technology Australia in Melbourne. This position provides the successful applicant a stable career path with an organisation that has been established for 23 years.
Show Technology is Australia’s market leading importer and wholesaler of intelligent lighting, fog and control for the use in television, concerts, theatre, nightclubs and architectural applications. We have a highly experienced and dedicated team committed to excellent customer service and unrivalled quality. Our brand portfolio is exceptional and highly regarded within the industry. Show Technology is headquartered in Silverwater, NSW with branch offices in Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and New Zealand.
The successful applicant will be based in the Melbourne office on a full time basis and needs to be self-motivated, show initiative and work well within a team that is fast paced and dynamic.
- Provide technical support
- Ensure turnaround times are met
- Have the ability to fault find and repair PCBs and SMD components
- Provide information regarding repairs status and ETAs
- Assist in pre-delivery of new and used equipment for sale
- Appropriate trade qualifications. Certificate IV in Electronics would be desirable but not essential.
- Have the ability to read circuit schematics
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- To be driven to achieve results
- A passion for efficiency and cost minimisation
- A demonstrated concern for high quality customer service
- The ability to operate in a changing environment
Applications close: Wednesday September 27th
To lodge your application please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must address all of the selection criteria in the position description
Casual Theatre Technicians
Posted on Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
City Recital Hall hosts, presents and produces over 240 concerts and events each year. Located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, the 1238-seat Hall is recognised for its world-class acoustics ideally suited to performances of fine music, and increasingly, for presentations of a diverse range of contemporary performances including jazz, indie, pop and soul, as well as presentations, talks and conferences.
There are currently positions available for experienced casual Theatre Technicians to join our team in the City Recital Hall Technical Services Department.
Working collectively as part of a small multi-disciplinary team during events, Technicians work with the Technical Team and the Concert and Event Team to deliver concerts and events to an international standard, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
A minimum of two years professional experience in Audio, Lighting, Staging or AV is a prerequisite for these positions, as is a current NSW Working With Children Check.
Key Duties and Selection Criteria
- Installing and rigging lighting, sound, staging and AV equipment throughout the venue, including in the auditorium and foyers
- Assisting visiting technical crews and companies with bump in/out within the venue
- Operating lighting, sound, staging and AV equipment for a variety of performance types including corporate events, orchestra and chamber recitals and contemporary music
- Ensuring that all Workplace Health and Safety regulations are adhered to within the venue facilities, and that best industry practice is applied
- Communicating clearly and effectively with a wide range of clients, customers and staff
- A methodical and effective approach to problem-solving technical issues that arise
- Ensure safe and efficient use of lighting, audio, staging and AV equipment
- Be able to work as part of a team and, if required, unsupervised
- Operate all equipment under venue and safety guidelines
- Keeping technical areas clean and tidy, and free from hazards
- Other duties as required and directed by the Technical Services Manager. Technical Coordinator and/or Technical Stage Manager and Venue Technician
- This position may involve working at heights, and may involve moderate heavy lifting
All applications should include a current CV and details of at least two referees.
All enquires and applications can be submitted to:
Technical Services Manager
02 9231 9030
Technical Support Officer (VIC)
Posted on Monday, August 28th, 2017
Lightmoves – a leader in Lighting Control & Dimming, Theatrical Lighting Systems & LED Specialty Lighting are looking for a person to work with our Sales team to provide Drafting & Technical support to do project take-offs, preparation of schematics, and preparation of commissioning schedules.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised person to work with our Sales and Projects team to provide Drafting and Technical Sales support for project take-offs, preparation of schematics and supporting documentation, through to the preparation of commissioning schedules.
In depth training will be provided on the various in-house software packages, procedures & processes we use to ensure the different departments run smoothly and efficiently.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
– A solid understanding of the principles of electrical power & control.
– An understanding of Lighting principles.
– Exceptional Written and Verbal communication skill.
– Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Visio.
– Excellent Organisational and Time Management skills.
– A strong work ethic and a keen eye for detail.
– Ability to work as a team and autonomously.
– Tertiary Qualification preferred
Initially the successful candidate would commence as a Casual (37.5 hours per week) until such time as they prove their suitability for a change of their status to Full Time.
To apply email your CV to email@example.com
Theatre Technician / Duty Technician
Posted on Sunday, August 27th, 2017
Merrigong Theatre Company is a not for profit company which operates Wollongong’s premier performing arts venues, Illawarra Performing Arts Centre and the Wollongong Town Hall. The company also commissions, produces, presents and tours professional theatre.
Located in the beautiful coastal city of Wollongong, just over an hour south of Sydney, Merrigong Theatre Company is one of Australia’s most dynamic regional performing arts companies.
The Company is seeking casual staff for the role of Theatre Technician / Duty Technician. They will need to have experience within a performing arts centre or venue with practical knowledge of event staging activities including stagecraft, lighting, sound, vision, flying, rigging and basic stage management procedures is essential. Previous Duty Technician skills or leadership skills would be an asset.
This is the opportunity to join a vibrant and successful organisation that is a recognised arts industry leader.
For further information click HERE