Head of Sound/AV
Posted on Sunday, August 27th, 2017
Merrigong Theatre Company is a not for profit company which operates Wollongong’s premier performing arts venues, Illawarra Performing Arts Centre and the Wollongong Town Hall. The company also commissions, produces, presents and tours professional theatre.
Located in the beautiful coastal city of Wollongong, just over an hour south of Sydney, Merrigong Theatre Company is one of Australia’s most dynamic regional performing arts companies.
The Company is seeking a permanent part time Head of Sound/AV. They will enjoy putting their extensive organising and coordinating skills into practise, assisting the Production and Technical Manager in all technical matters for the planning and realisation of shows in our venues with a focus on Audio and AV.
This is the opportunity to join a vibrant and successful organisation that is a recognised arts industry leader.
For further information on how to apply please click HERE
Lighting Sales & Support Specialists- NSW and VIC
Posted on Friday, August 25th, 2017
About the Company
Jands Pty Ltd is one of Australia’s largest distributors and manufacturers of professional audio, lighting and staging products, with an impressive portfolio of quality international and local brands.
Jands has recently secured the distributorship for a leading international lighting agency, expanding its product offerings, therefore the Lighting Department is looking for 2 experienced Lighting Sales & Support Specialists – one based in Mascot, NSW and the other in Port Melbourne, VIC.
The Lighting Sales & Support Specialists shall to assist grow the lighting business in an assigned territory by providing provide a high level of support and training to internal and external stakeholders and by providing design and associated costings of lighting systems in support of the company’s sales efforts.
About the Role
Key duties and responsibilities of the Lighting Sales & Support Specialists include (but are not limited to):
- providing technical and application support to consultants and end users in a professional and timely manner;
- preparing quotation and tender documents;
- responding to and following up on sales leads and inquiries using appropriate methods, and sharing relevant information with other stakeholders;
- ensuring all activities, opportunities, contacts and details are accurately recorded and maintained in the Company’s CRM system (Salesforce);
- providing market, industry, consumer and competitor information to relevant parties to assist to develop effective sales strategies and competitive advantage;
- assisting to build and maintain market confidence in and awareness of Jands lighting product range by providing exceptional technical support and promotion to internal and external parties;
- being responsible for delivering, conducting and coordinating product training and demonstrations for internal and external stakeholders; and,
- maintaining professional and technical knowledge of the Jands distributed product range by attending training sessions, reviewing supplier websites, establishing personal networks and reading industry publications.
To be considered for this position applicants must meet the essential criteria listed below.
- Minimum 5 years broad industry experience, preferably including experience in leading performing arts venue(s), production companies and/or pro-lighting contractors.
- Broad experience in the design, quotation and troubleshooting of professional lighting systems in applications such as theatres, live production, contracting, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and experience preparing and conducting training for stakeholders on technical content.
- Proven experience working with modern CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and communicate (in writing and verbally) with all levels of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Current and valid Australian drivers licence.
Applicants should note intra/interstate travel will be required on a regular basis.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
To apply for these newly created positions, applicants should forward a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above, along with their resume to Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
Locked Bag 15, Mascot, NSW, 1460
Truck Driver/Tech Sydney
Posted on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
ResX Sydney is looking for a full time Truck Driver/Tech. If you have 5 years driving experience, a heavy rigid (HR) licence, good attitude and don’t mind a bit of lifting send your resume to HR@resolutionx.com.au Entertainment industry experience is preferred.
Truck drivers will work under the direction of the Operations Manager at our Silverwater NSW facility. Duties include driving locally to sites, as well as occasional longer distance work. The role is varied as we are a small team and our work and site locations are always changing.
You will also be required to perform basic warehouse duties as well as general onsite production work when required. After hours work will also be required. ResX also has casual and seasonal contract Tech/Driver work available.
To apply for these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@resolutionx.com.au
Venues Technician Tamworth
Posted on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
The Entertainment Venues Division of Tamworth Regional Council is seeking a motivated individual with demonstrated capability to join our dynamic team and contribute to delivery of the technical and operational aspects of this diverse Division.
Experience within a performing arts centre or venue with practical knowledge of event staging activities including stagecraft, lighting, sound, vision, flying, rigging and basic stage management procedures is essential. Technicians with vision experience, including – set up and operation of vision systems, video editing, camera operation, would be an asset.
Applicants will need to possess a Certificate III in Live Production, Theatre & Events or similar OR equivalent relevant experience as well as hold a driver licence and National Certificate of Competency Licences.
The ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders as well as work with a high level of autonomy and under pressure is essential.
The position has been classified as a Grade 10 with a commencement salary of $1,048.90 to $1,135.00 per week. The ordinary hours shall be on the basis of a 38 hour week arranged as 152 hours within a four week roster period. Additional hours may be required to meet operational needs.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-employment Medical Screening including Alcohol & Other Drugs Testing.
More information here
Please contact Peter Ross on 02 6766 2028 if you have any questions about this position.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday, 31 August 2017.
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
Lighting Controls Project Sales Sydney
Posted on Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017
Lightmoves is a privately owned company that for 27 years has been an industry leader and innovator in the field of Lighting Control and Dimming, Theatrical Lighting Systems and LED specialty lighting.
Based in Silverwater, we currently require a Technical Project Sales Representative in the field of Lighting Controls to join our NSW team.
This position involves working with Engineers, Specifiers, Designers, Wholesalers and Electricians in the design process, to provide end to end solutions utilising the company’s extensive range of Lighting Control products.
A successful applicant should have:
- A passion for Lighting.
- A good understanding of Lighting Control Technologies.
- A desire to provide innovative, end to end solutions.
- A solid understanding of the principles of electrical power & control.
- High level literacy, presentation and communications skills to stakeholders at multiple levels.
- A proven track record in selling & new business development within the Lighting Industry.
- A proven record in the tender and specification process with a focus on closing profitable sales
- Computer skills, including competence in reading CAD, ability to utilise presentation & productivity applications.
- A strong work ethic and be highly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Previous experience with Philips Dynalite control solutions or similar would be advantageous.
The attractive remuneration and benefits package for this position includes a generous base salary, uncapped commission structure, a fully maintained company vehicle or vehicle allowance, company supplied communication and IT technologies, and a supportive, equal opportunity, work place.
Posted on Tuesday, August 15th, 2017
We are looking for a Production Manager to join the Carriageworks team. The Production Manager is responsible for client liaison and subsequent coordination and allocation of production and technical resources and staff, to ensure the timely and on-budget delivery of technical and production outcomes. In addition to fulfilling the role of production manager, this role works closely with Carriageworks internal technical staff and programming staff to provide event and logistics support for productions, events, functions and exhibitions commissioned, produced or co-produced by Carriageworks.
Download a full Position Description here.
Please email your application including; Cover Letter, Resume and additional documentation responding to the Essential Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address to Director – Production and Programs. Applications close Monday, 28 August 201
Technical Supervisor, The Concourse
Posted on Wednesday, August 9th, 2017
The Century group is a live entertainment producer, festival presenter and the operator of a suite of venues that includes the Enmore Theatre, Metro Theatre, the Factory Theatre complex, the Sydney Comedy Store and The Concourse Performing Arts Centre Chatswood.
With well over 1,000 events per year and over ½ million ticket sales, Century is Australia’s most vibrant and dynamic independent entertainment operator
Applications are now open for the position of Technical Supervisor
The position is fulltime, based in Chatswood at The Concourse Performing Arts Centre.
An opportunity exists for an experienced, proactive individual to join the production team. Managing a pool of key casuals and working with clients to help produce their shows.
All duties and tasks associated with Technical services for events and event clients including:
* Client meetings and site meetings.
* Negotiating with, guiding clients through, and delivering all technical services relating to events at The Concourse.
* Quoting and negotiating quotes with clients.
* Arranging for internal or external staffing, equipment and other resources in advance of the event, booking those resources and ensuring their operation during the event
* Ensuring the most efficient and financially prudent way of resourcing events to maximise venue profitability and client satisfaction
* Ensuring that all of the above are actioned within the prescribed systems including Event Pro, WRIKE, Rosterlive within the mandated timeframes and with strict compliance to the methodology and procedure.
Assist the Technical Team with delivery of events including bumpins, bumpouts, supervision of casual staff, training of staff and operating of events when required.
* Several years experience within technical production and events,
* A proven ability to work with management and clients and to meet or exceed their expectations.
* The ability to function as part of a small management team providing mutual assistance to other departments and team members.
* Written and oral communication skills
* A high standard of personal appearance
* The understanding that this is both a management and a physical/hands on position
* Solid understanding of basic office software suites and the ability to follow systems and procedures in electronic software programs.
* A keen eye for detail across all areas of responsibility
* Flexibility in hours and an understanding that your hours and days of work will vary depending on event loads
• Knowledge of Events Pro, Wrike and Xero (training will be provided)
• An understanding of the unique nature of technical production associated within a performance venue.
• Extensive experience in either operation of Audio, Lighting or Stage Management.
This role is a key contributor to event delivery and client satisfaction. It is critical that you are service-oriented, problem solution focused, flexible and professionally mature.
For further information on The Concourse, see www.theconcourse.com.au.
Send your resume with a covering letter addressing the criteria to the Technical Manager, Brettw@centuryvenues.com.au by Friday 18th August 2017