Account Manager – AV Production
Posted on Thursday, February 22nd, 2018
Innovative Production Services is looking for an experienced and exceptional Account Manager on a Full-Time basis to join our team in Matraville, Sydney
For more than 20 years, Innovative Production Services has been providing Lighting, Audio, Vision, Staging, Rigging, and design for corporate events, along with music, theatre, & art sectors.
Innovative prides itself on delivering creative and complicated technical services with second-to-none service and equipment.
Role and Responsibility
– Management of Projects and Jobs which includes:
- Initial contact with client to establish scope of works.
- Arranging site visits and meetings as required.
- CAD drawing of plans & schematics
- Specifying equipment required to complete the Project/Job.
- Specifying resources required to complete the Project/Job.
- Managing WH&S in all aspects of events
- Working with Operations Manager and Warehouse Manager to ensure all equipment & resource requirements are met and planned.
- Managing video content and presentations
- Ensuring job is confirmed and payment conditions are clearly stated to client.
- Successful on-site execution of Project or Job.
- Invoicing of clients
- Client follow-up
– Help develop systems, procedures and efficiency – set up time, ease of use, practical application:
- Research and report on new and suitable equipment for purchase.
- Assist in business development by:
– Looking for opportunities to develop relationships with clients;
– Looking for opportunities to gain new clients;
– Researching new market sectors and new events;
– Passing on new leads to other staff to act on if you don’t have time;
– Develop your own skills by attending training sessions in relation to relevant products and/or procedures (Innovative will reimburse or pay for these provided they are approved by a Director);
– Assist other staff by passing on knowledge and skills learned at training sessions and/or your own skills gained through experience and/or prior training.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- A Current Class C NSW Drivers Licence
- Ideally EWP, Rigging License, Fork Lift License
- Advanced experience in general event production practices;
- In-depth working knowledge of one or more specific areas, Audio, Lighting or Vision technology;
- Experience in dealing with clients and quotation negotiation
Skills and Competencies
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- Attention to Detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Creativity: In event design to make the most out of a client’s budget. Coming up with new ways to use equipment to achieve a desired goal
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out administrative duties in an efficient and timely manner.
- Problem Solving: ability to recognize and address issues quickly and efficiently utilizing the tools at your disposal to rectify issues quickly.
In return, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment and be part of a friendly, caring team
- Engaging on the job training
- Career progression opportunities
- A dynamic and unique working environment
Warehouse Assistant – AV Production
Posted on Thursday, February 22nd, 2018
Innovative Production Services is looking for an experienced and exceptional Warehouse Assistant on a Full-Time basis to join our team in Matraville, reporting to the Warehouse Manager
For more than 20 years, Innovative Production Services has been providing premium audio visual and production services to the high end corporate market. Innovative prides itself on delivering polished technical ability with second-to-none service and equipment.
Role and Responsibility
· Working to prepare equipment for jobs in line with preparation pack lists provided by account/production managers
· Liaising with account/production managers regarding equipment details, missing items and specific equipment details
· Working under the coordination of the Logistics Manager and Warehouse Manager to facilitate deliveries and pickups of jobs
· Contributing opinions and constructive criticism to help form company best practice policies in all areas of the warehouse
· Ensuring all staff morale is held high and in alignment with company values.
· Aiding in the preventative and scheduled maintenance of equipment in line with maintenance schedules and under the instruction of the Inventory Controller
· Undertaking test and tagging of electrical components and cabling
· Loading and Unloading vehicles
· Assisting with general warehouse tasks.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
· A Current Class C NSW Drivers Licence
· Clean Driving Licence
· Manual vehicle driver
· Advanced knowledge of audio/visual equipment
· Experience working with picking lists
In return, you will receive:
· Competitive salary
· Engaging on the job training
· Career progression opportunities
· A dynamic and unique working environment
If you have the above skills and are looking for an exciting and rewarding career, please send us your application to email@example.com
For further information about this position or the Company, please contact Guy Gilchrist, Warehouse Manager on (02) 9311 9120
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications Close: 09/04/18
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Technical Coordinator – Lighting
Posted on Wednesday, February 21st, 2018
Technical Coordinator (Lighting), under the supervision of the Technical Manager (Lighting), facilitates the successful delivery of lighting and other technical services to a consistently excellent and safe standard for Queensland Ballet’s performance season.
In addition, this valuable member of the Production Department coordinates the maintenance and upkeep of Queensland Ballet’s building, assets and equipment to ensure they are safe and effective.
ABOUT QUEENSLAND BALLET
Queensland Ballet is a vibrant, creative company which connects people and dance across Queensland. We offer a program of world-class productions of the best classical ballets and inspired contemporary dance works. The Company engages renowned choreographers and designers from around the world and nurtures emerging local talent by presenting exciting new works in an intimate studio series. With a culture of creativity and collaboration, complemented by an active program of engagement with our communities, Queensland Ballet has become the central hub for dance in the State. Our dancers are acclaimed for the technical excellence and versatility, and our annual program offers diversity in style, audience focus and geographic reach, with up to 100 performances in Brisbane and tours to regional Queensland.
The facilities at Queensland Ballet’s home in Thomas Dixon Centre in Brisbane’s West End allow the Company to offer a full range of training and community access programs, including public dance classes. We are committed to providing a pathway for young talent through our Pre-Professional, Senior and Junior Programs. Queensland Ballet is dedicated to the pursuit of artistic excellence, dance education and innovative presentation of classical repertoire. With bold and confident ambitions for the future, we proudly build upon the legacy of many creative and gifted artists who have been part of the Company’s rich history since 1960.
This position reports to the Technical Manager (Lighting) and liaises directly with the Technical Director, Head of Production and Technical Manager (Staging) as needed.
The Technical Coordinator (Lighting) supervises casual employees and contractors.
Lighting Role & Coordination
- Coordinate the Lighting team for each Queensland Ballet season, tour and any other events in consultation with the Technical Manager (Lighting).
- Act as Production Electrician or Lighting Desk Operator for Queensland Ballet productions staged in QPAC or other venues as required.
- Travel and act as Dome Operator, Production Electrician or Lighting Desk Operator for Queensland Ballet touring productions regionally, nationally and internationally as required.
- Act as Lighting Desk Operator or Production Electrician for Queensland Ballet studio productions as required.
- With other Production Staff, facilitate effective and cooperative work relations within the department and between the department staff and the rest of the Company.
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of Lighting Department Work, Health and Safety policy, procedures and practices. Advise the Technical Manager (Lighting) and other Production Staff to ensure the appropriate risk management processes and Work Health and Safety procedures are created and applied to each production and Lighting Department activity.
Lighting & AV Coordination
- With the Technical Manager (Lighting), coordinate the pre-production planning and preparation through to execution of each Queensland Ballet production to ensure the safe installation, operation and maintenance of all lighting and AV related assets of Queensland Ballet, and maintain associated records.
- Construct and maintain any set electrics, lighting or special effects required for new or remount productions including supplying substitute rehearsal elements.
- Make recommendations and coordinate the execution and/or outsourcing of audio visual content and equipment for Queensland Ballet productions.
- Maintain a complete Lighting Department archive of each Queensland Ballet production, tour or major event including plans, documentation, plots and photos.
- Maintain a complete inventory of lighting, sound, and audio-visual equipment and other technical assets of Queensland Ballet.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of all Queensland Ballet electrical equipment, including testing and tagging.
- Make recommendations for the repair, maintenance, hire, or purchase of materials and accessories for Queensland Ballet as directed.
- With the Technical Manager (Lighting), coordinate the hire of company equipment in collaboration with Head of Production, and keep records accordingly.
- Assist Technical Manager (Lighting) and other Production Staff in the planning, budgeting and management of each production.
- Coordinate the maintenance of production digital content including the recording of performances for video archiv
- Coordinate the setting up of all studio productions and events to ensure technical services are provided as required within budget for these productions.
- Attend production meetings and rehearsals as necessary.
- Tertiary qualifications in technical management for theatre or a related field combined with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in lighting department coordination.
- Excellent written, verbal and people management skills.
- Demonstrated strong administrative skills in maintaining technical databases, file management and experience with CAD software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the creation, implementation and monitoring of Work Health and Safety procedures.
- A keen ability to multi-task, collaborate and to thrive in a busy environment.
- Competency – In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- Manual Drivers Licence.
- Safe work at heights training.
Recreation Leave 20 working days per year (pro rata)
Personal/Carer’s Leave Ten working days per year (pro rata)
Probationary Period Six months from commencement.
Hours of Work Office hours are nominally 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday but the appointee is regularly required to be available to work at events after hours and on weekends.
Salary Salary will be negotiated with preferred candidate. Superannuation is paid into the superannuation fund of your choice, currently at the rate of 9.5%.
To apply for this position please forward a covering letter, current resume and statement addressing the selection criteria via mail to:
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 3791 South Brisbane QLD 4101
Or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referees will be sought from candidates following the interview process.
Applications close 5pm Friday 2 March 2018. Applications received after this time may not be considered.
For further information or for a confidential discussion please contact the HR Manager on (07) 3013 6666. We respectfully advise that no agency applications will be considered at this time.
Hire Assistant / Delivery Driver
Posted on Tuesday, February 20th, 2018
Clearlight Shows have an exciting opportunity for a customer focused Hire Assistant / Delivery Driver to join our team located in Moorabbin, Victoria. The successful candidate will be required to work full time hours 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday, along with occasional weekend/late night overtime.
Under the direction of the Hire Manager you will be responsible for;
– Assisting the Hire Manager in the day to day running of the Hire Department
– Equipment deliveries using company Truck/Van
– Preparation of Equipment
– Customer service including consumable sales
– Energetic and self-motivated
– Good knowledge of our industry and commitment to safe working practices
– Current Victorian Manual Driver’s license (clean driving history)
– Truck license
– Testing and Tagging License
– Rental Point software experience an advantage
– Hire / Sales experience
What we offer;
– A supportive, equal opportunity work environment
– Generous remuneration including overtime
– Role is a long term career opportunity with growth opportunities
Forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include;
– Any previous experience
– Job References
– Any qualifications / licenses you hold
Please note only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Clearlight Shows Pty Ltd
5 Horscroft Place
Moorabbin Vic 3189
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Posted on Monday, February 19th, 2018
Lightmoves Pty Ltd is a privately owned company that for 27 years has been an industry leader and innovator in the field of Entertainment & Architectural Lighting & Control , specialising in a Prestigious range of Australian made and imported products.
Located at our Noble Park offices we are looking for a bright energetic Marketing person to join the team.
Under the Direction of the Managing Director, in this role you will be responsible to –
· Produce articles, copy and content for website, social media and advertising.
· Preparation of Marketing Materials.
· Co-ordinate, design and source marketing collateral.
· Co-ordinate Advertising Activities.
· Manage company data base mailings.
· Manage and maintain multiple company websites.
· Prepare electronic presentations .
· Prepare Project photography.
· Co-ordinate trade show schedules and the deployment of event stands.
· Develop and maintain sales/marketing tools for sales team.
You will have the following attributes –
· Enjoy working to deadlines
· Sound analytical skills
· Be a team player
· Effective time management skills
· Well-developed problem solving skills
Working on PC platform, you will be competent with the following software:
· Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator)
· Adobe Dreamweaver and or HTML experience
· Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel
Advantageous but not essential:
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel/VBA
The attractive remuneration and benefits package for this position includes a generous base salary, company supplied IT technologies, and a supportive, equal opportunity work place.
Whilst employment experience is preferred Graduates with appropriate experience and qualifications should also apply.
If this sounds like you please address the points listed above in your cover letter and submit your application with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Venue and Technical Coordinator Townsville
Posted on Monday, February 19th, 2018
Dancenorth are looking for a talented person to join our team who will take ownership of venue management and technical support, with the potential for future touring.
The Venue and Technical Coordinator role is crucial in providing oversight of venue activities, including supporting all technical elements of hirer activities and Dancenorth productions. The role requires good all round technical production skills, as well as pride in the responsibility of maintaining a functional and safe venue. As an approachable and accommodating interface between Dancenorth and its community and corporate hirers, the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people is also necessary.
Like many small to medium arts organisations, we achieve huge things with a small core team. Our studios are a hub of activity, with the professional dance ensemble, open classes and hirers. This role will be vital in delivering programming that upholds Dancenorth’s reputation. Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and problem solving skills, initiative, a positive approach to practical tasks and ability to juggle multiple projects are all essential attributes of the role.
The position is expected to work closely with the Production Manager, Administration and Events Coordinator, and Community and Outreach team. The position reports directly to the Production Manager
Applications close 5pm, 2nd March 2018
To apply, please click here for the Position Description and further instructions.
Technical Supervisor – Staging
Posted on Thursday, February 15th, 2018
Permanent Full Time – 38 hours per week
Newcastle’s busy Civic Theatre has an opportunity for an experienced Technical Supervisor to join their team.
Reporting to the Technical Production Coordinator, you will be responsible for the planning, oversight and delivery of all rigging and staging aspects of the events within the Civic Theatre, Playhouse and City Hall, amongst other venues.
Leveraging off your extensive rigging experience, you will be inspect and maintain all rigging equipment, height safety equipment and stage machinery. You will also oversee day-to-day staging operations across our venues and provide excellent customer service and professional delivery of live performance events for our clients.
With a focus on safety, you will also be responsible for the implementation and adherence to Emergency Control Plans and procedures. Your leadership skills will additionally be utilised to assist the Technical Production Coordinator in the induction, development, supervision and performance management of casual back of house staff.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Current National License to Perform High Risk Work – Rigging Advanced (RA)
- Demonstrated previous experience in the design and implementation of entertainment and live performance rigging solutions.
- Certificate 3 in Live Production Technical, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated industry experience including leading technical roles and staff management experience.
- Proven ability to contribute to, and lead, a team to efficiently deliver time critical outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to high level customer service and effective client relationship management.
- Proven communication skills, both orally and written, including the ability to explain complex situations, with staff, clients and the public, and to contribute to and create reports and documentation that support operational requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of cost estimates for minor projects and client quotes and working with budget frameworks.
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of minor projects.
- Ability to monitor compliance with WHS Systems, Emergency Control Plans, WorkCover guidelines and Building Code of Australia.
- Current Class C driver’s license
- Current Working With Children Check
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
Newcastle City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Monday 5 March 2018
Remuneration: $69,753 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38 hour week.
For further details please contact Lachlan Thomas – Technical Production Coordinator – 0402 008 444
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position. Relevant Criminal History, Apprehended Violence Orders and prior employment checks, including relevant disciplinary proceedings, will be conducted on recommended applicants.