Casual Theatre Technicians, Newcastle
Posted on Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Working as part of a highly motivated and skilled team, you will present professionally to Civic Theatre clients, the visiting public and the community generally. You will maintain technical support of the highest standard to all Civic Theatre clients and ensure a safe work place at all times.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of theatre terminology and the application of technical and operation skills of a live performance venue.
- Proven experience in communication and liaison skills with the ability to solve straightforward problems using readily available information, including interpretation and understanding of theatrical plans and technical specifications.
- Ability to organise allocated materials and equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Willingness to be responsible for work undertaken, and to conduct basic quality checks.
- An understanding of rigging, use of tools and equipment, including safe working at heights procedures.
- Ability to exercise discretion within the employees’ level of skill and training.
- Advanced keyboard skills- including AV programs such as powerpoint, Qlab and photo management programs.
- Demonstrated skills in operation, maintenance, set up and control of lighting equipment and automated lighting systems including power and data distribution, communication management and console / fixture programming.
- Demonstrated skills in operation, maintenance, set up of Audio Visual equipment and knowledge of projection and display equipment, protocol, format and data management.
- Demonstrated skills in operation, maintenance, set up of basic sound systems including radio microphones and playback including experience in the operation of digital audio consoles.
- Ability to operate all lifting equipment incidental to employees’ work.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now !
Newcastle City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Monday 15th August 2016
Remuneration: $23.77 per hour (inclusive of 20% casual loading) + 9.5% superannuation
For further details please contact Vanessa Hutchins – Manager, Civic Theatre – 4974 2162