Casual Technician, Melbourne Museum
Posted on Thursday, September 6th, 2012
• Exciting opportunity to work on Melbourne’s prestigious exhibitions
• Based at the Melbourne Museum
• $25.70 per hour (Included Casual loading)
Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a multimedia Technician to assist with exhibition set ups and de mounts and basic maintenance of multimedia exhibits within exhibition and public spaces.
ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at four distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. For more information about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The position is accountable for safely and efficiently assisting with exhibition bumping in and out and basic maintenance of multimedia exhibits within exhibition and public spaces.
Notable skill sets required for this position include:
• Experience installing/ demounting multimedia exhibition display systems in a museum or similar environment
• Demonstrated skills and experience in one or more of these fields: projection, interactive touch screens, computer controlled multimedia devices, electronics
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with a wide range of staff including Technicians, Multimedia technicians, Collection Managers, etc.
HOW TO APPLY?
To view the position description, search ‘employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact James Shuter on (03) 8341 7194.
To apply, please send your Resume and Covering Letter by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/
Applications Close: Friday, 14 September 2012.