Casual Sound & Audio Visual Operators
Posted on Thursday, August 12th, 2010
Sydney Opera House Sound & AV Department is seeking to create a pool of casual Operators to call upon over the upcoming season. We require customer focused operators to provide services to hirers and clients in accordance with relevant technical production and House standards. Duties include providing Sound and Audio Visual services to relevant standards including setting, striking and operating relevant technical equipment to support live performances and events and share responsibility for the ongoing care, maintenance and security of Sound and Audio Visual equipment and venues.
SELECTION CRITERIA TO ADDRESS IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- Qualifications in Sound and Audio Visual operations;
- At least 2 years Sound and Audio Visual operational experience;
- Proven Sound and Audio Visual knowledge and technical skills to operate equipment for live theatre and the performing arts industries;
- Proven delivery of high quality customer service to meet technical production requirements in high pressure situations;
- Physical fitness including an ability to undertake physical work for extended periods and to work at heights;
- Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- A flexible team oriented approach to work; and
- Thorough knowledge of OH&S requirements.
Job Status: Casual
Vacancy No: SOH188
Salary Details: $21.18/hr plus Scaled Penalty ($2.75/hr) and Casual Loading ($4.94/hr)
Salary Notes: This position is covered by the SOH Enterprise Agreement
Please Note: Applicants should be made aware that hour/s are irregular and inconsistent driven by fluctuating seasonal production demands and therefore Sydney Opera House cannot guarantee regular rostering of shifts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download Position Description here. Applicants MUST submit their resume and a separate document addressing the selection criteria. All advertisements will list selection criteria, which describe the skills, knowledge and experience that applicants must possess in order to undertake the duties of the position.
You need to provide a statement against each of the selection criteria & use examples to demonstrate how your skills, knowledge, experience & qualifications (where these are appropriate) are relevant to the requirements of the job.
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications online at http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/taleo.aspx, however if you experience difficulties please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number in the email subject line.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: Jeremy Christian – Head of Sound and Audio Visual
APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday 27th August 2010
Please Note: Sydney Opera House will not accept applications from employment agencies or overseas applicants for this position. Only Australian citizens or residents may apply.