Casual Lighting Operator, Sydney Opera House
Posted on Thursday, May 20th, 2010
Sydney Opera House Lighting Department is seeking to create a pool of casuals to call upon over the upcoming season. We require customer focused lighting operators to provide services to hirers and clients in accordance with relevant technical production and House standards. Duties include setting, striking, & operating relevant technical equipment to support live performances & events; & sharing responsibility for the on-going maintenance, care & security of all Lighting equipment.
SELECTION CRITERIA TO ADDRESS IN YOUR APPLICATION:
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills & technical experience in delivering Lighting services, including equipment operation.
2. Proven delivery of high quality customer service to meet technical production requirements in high pressure situations.
3. Demonstrated experience in rigging, patching & operating lighting equipment & Follow Spot operation.
4. Knowledge & experience of technical production in live theatre.
5. Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
7. Ability to undertake physical work for extended periods & to work at heights.
Job Status: Casual
Vacancy No: SOH171
Salary Details: $21.18/hr plus Scaled Penalty ($3.02/hr) and Casual Loading ($4.93/hr)
Salary Notes: This position is covered by the SOH Enterprise Agreement
Please Note: Applicants should be made aware that hours are irregular and inconsistent driven by fluctuating seasonal production demands and therefore Sydney Opera House cannot guarantee regular rostering of shifts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a copy of your resume with a brief covering letter addressing the above selection criteria to email@example.com
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: Kirsty Boyes
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 9AM MONDAY 31ST MAY
Please Note: Sydney Opera House will not accept applications from employment agencies or overseas applicants for this position. Only Australian citizens or residents may apply.