Casual Lighting Operator, SOH
Posted on Friday, April 25th, 2008
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Lighting Section requires customer focussed casual operators to provide services to hirers & clients according to relevant technical production & House standards. Duties include setting, striking, & operating relevant technical equipment to support live performances & events; & sharing responsibility for the on-going maintenance, care & security of all Lighting equipment.
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills & technical experience in delivering Lighting services, including equipment operation.
2. Proven delivery of high quality customer service to meet technical production requirements in high pressure situations.
3. Demonstrated experience in rigging, patching & operating lighting equipment & Followspot operation.
4. Knowledge & experience of technical production in live theatre.
5. Effective communication & interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
7. Ability to undertake physical work for extended periods & to work at heights.
Irregular shift patterns are worked. Applicants are advised that these roles require a degree of physical fitness. Employer contributions to superannuation are included. The position is covered by the Sydney Opera House Enterprise Agreement 2006.
Pay: $26.89 (includes scaled penalty & casual loading)
INQUIRIES NAME: Toby Sewell 9250 7862 (Head of Lighting Department) Andrew Hudson 92507125 (Business Operations Manager)
INFOPACKAGES NAME: Recruitment
INFOPACKAGES PHONE: (02) 9250 7689
INFOPACKAGES EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS TO: Recruitment Coordinator, Sydney Opera House, GPO Box 4274 Sydney NSW 2000
CLOSING DATE: Friday 9th May 2008
Posted: April 25th 2008