- Casual opportunity, multiple positions available
- Be a part of a creative and dynamic team
- $38 per hour (inc. 25% loading in lieu of entitlements, plus Super)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic individuals to join our Arts and Culture team as a Technician at the City of Boroondara on a casual basis.
This is an opportunity for you to provide effective technical services for internal and external events and assist with the overall venue operations and processes to meet the needs of all hirers for Hawthorn Art’s Centre and Kew Court House.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing support and expertise around technical operations, lighting and audio requirements to technical staff, hirers and performers
- Assisting in the supervision of activities backstage
- Ensuring that all Occupation Health and Safety procedures are adhered to, including securing the venues’ safety according to their policies and guidelines
- Provide knowledge and advice on all technical aspects the hirer may need, including ensuring setup and pack up of the venues are according to the events and hirers needs.
Other duties include:
- Working cooperatively with the Arts and Culture department in support of programs and service delivery
- Providing excellent customer service to all customers and patrons
To be considered in this role you will bring experience and knowledge in staging venue productions. You must demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and be able to work cohesively in a team environment. Your customer service, written and verbal communication skills must be well developed. To be successful in this position you will need to hold a venue technical training certificate from an accredited organisation or equivalent technical experience in a professional venue environment. You will have a good level of physical fitness to perform manual handling tasks required in function/meeting/performance supervision settings.
Want to know more?
For any further information please refer to the position description – Technician, or contact Miriam Paul, Coordinator Cultural Facilities on 9278 7882.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. The successful applicant may be required to undergo a National Criminal History check, medical check and/or working with children check.
Who are we?
The City of Boroondara is a metropolitan council, representing more than 170,000 people in the inner-eastern suburbs of Melbourne. A leader in the local government sector, with a reputation for innovation and excellence, we believe in providing an environment where our staff thrive, both in the work they do and in how they learn and develop as people and professionals.
We like to challenge the norm and we are investing significantly in innovation and technology improvements in order to provide our customers with an even greater experience and engagement. We are putting our customers at the forefront of what we do with our organisation wide change initiative, the Customer Experience Improvement Strategy (CEIS).
You will be instrumental in driving this change across the organisation using best practice approaches to successfully support us from the now to our desired future state.
With so much going on it’s a great time to join Boroondara!
Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and suitable applicants from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.