Cast Software Releases WYSIWYG 28
Posted on Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
Cast Software of Toronto, Canada recently sent the Beta version of WYSIWYG R28, targeted for distribution within a few weeks, to a select group of WYSIWYG members who regularly test the software to make sure it is in perfect operating condition before its general release. The company says the initial feedback is uaninmously positive.
R28 of the well-known previsualization software builds on the advancements delivered in R27, released last summer, which proclaimed a speed increase of up to five times faster in Shaded Views across all views. R27 also improved the Attribute Layout system to be more user-friendly, allowing users to customize the patch, channel, gobo, and other markers for each fixture. It also added a new Image Manager system for managing images in your wysiwyg files. Use it to add, delete, replace and/or edit textures, renders and other images.
On top of those advancements, wysiwyg R28 adds these new features:
• Camera Paths: Draw a camera path in wysiwyg and play it back in Design or Live mode’s 3D Shaded Views
• Cuelists for Looks: Build Looks in Design; store them in the cuelist, and play them back in any order you wish
• LED and Media: Improved Video Splitting (you can now split your Images from the Image manager and apply them to Surfaces, Screens or LED walls
• Shutter Cuts: Edit conventional fixtures’ Shutters and Barndoors more efficiently, without having to access the Properties window
• New Device Toolbar: Allows you to conveniently connect/disconnect devices in Live mode and access their properties
• Library: Select all Library items of a certain type and replace them with an alternate style of Library object
Here are some comments from R28 Beta Testers:
“At first look, R28 is stable, good improvement again! We found the LED wizard good and clear, really more simple than before. And the new Shaper tool is Excellent, Magnifico, Fantastique, Super! No bug, non crash, well done!”– Julien Blais-Savoie, senior drafter programmer
“I checked the new media tools, very nice! Especially the new video/image subsources tool. Everything is alright – Cuelists, device manager toolbar, shutters and barndoors, LED wizard and replace/select library items are fantastic!! Enhance LED walls is absolutely perfect, ab fab! Thank you for all of these new very useful functions” — Adrien Coendoz, lighting designer
“All I can say is wow, wow wow! Totally awesome! From what I have experienced so far testing the Beta R28. The Cue List Tool and Camera Path Tool used together are simply superb!!! When R28 is released, all the wysiwyg users are going to have a great time using the new tools. I had to email you guys as I am so, so happy with the new features. Really good work guys.” — Nick Calthrop, lighting designer.