CAST Holds wysiwyg R28 Video Challenge
Posted on Tuesday, February 7th, 2012
CAST of Toronto, Canada announces the wysiwyg R28 Video Challenge, effective 6 February 2012 through 14 March 2012. Create a lighting design with wysiwyg R28, then make a video using R28’s Cue List and Camera Path features. Be as creative as you want, just make your video two minutes and use R28’s features only. You get to be the lighting designer, the producer, AND the director for this challenge. Entries will be voted upon by two groups: CAST’s Pick (a small panel chosen by CAST) and the People’s Choice (where your peers and friends can Twitter their vote for you to CAST). Winners will be notified in advanced and announced at Prolight + Sound 2012 in Frankfurt.
- Using wysiwyg R28, create a lighting design using the arena drawing provided on The CAST Software Blog. The file has been made using R28.
- Using the Cue List and Camera Path features, create a two-minute video of your lighting design, and post the video on your YouTube account. You’ll need a YouTube account to enter. You’ll also need a Facebook account. No lighting consoles – be creative with the Cue List and Camera Path features.
- Go to the CAST Software Facebook Page and LIKE us!
- Post a link to your video on the CAST Software Facebook Page and label it: wysiwyg R28 Video Challenge – Your Name Here — Once you’ve posted your video, you’re officially entered into the contest.
- The deadline for video entry is March 14, 2012.
For a full list of rules and details, visit http://www.cast-soft.com/cast/products/r28_videochallenge.php.
To learn more about wysiwyg or any other CAST product, visit www.cast-soft.com.