AV Technician Sydney Opera House (position filled)
Posted on Wednesday, November 6th, 2013
This position is responsible for the delivery of Audio Visual services including corporate, cinema, broadcast, system design and system operation to clients with the highest possible standards.
This position provides leadership in the delivery of Audio Visual services by contributing to the development of systems and standards that are customer focused and support performers to achieve excellence in their field of endeavour.
This position ensures compliance with relevant technical and OHS standards and contributes to the ongoing development of OHS awareness at Sydney Opera House.
1. Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 3 years) in professional audio visual services.
2. Knowledge of audio visual systems including: Barco, Christie, Folsom, Grass Valley, Doremi, Sony, Panasonic, Aja, Blackmagic Design, Coolux Pandoras Box, Datatno Watchout.
3. Demonstrated organisational, analytical and decision-making skills in an audio visual context.
4. Demonstrated ability with computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Qlab and Keynote.
5. Physical fitness, agility, ability to work at heights, good hearing and vision.
6. Flexibility and a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritise work.
7. Certificate IV or equivalent demonstrated experience in theatre technical production is desirable.
Download the Position Description here.
Job Status: Casual
Position No: SOH501
Wage: $30.46/hour (plus $4.04 scaled penalty + $7.10 casual loading) + superannuation
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Review the information provided in this Application Package to ensure you meet the selection criteria.
2. Prepare your responses to the Selection Criteria, as a guide 1 or 2 paragraphs, demonstrating how you meet each criterion. Please note applications are shortlisted based on your responses to the selection criteria.
3. Applications can be submitted at http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact: Jeremy Christian
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 9am on Monday 11 November, 2013