AV Technician (Audio), Darwin Entertainment Centre
Posted on Thursday, January 21st, 2016
The Darwin Entertainment Centre is Darwin’s premier entertainment and performance venue with two theatres both having flexible seating capacities as well as a rehearsal room, gallery and alfresco bar area.
We are seeking an experienced, professional and reliable Audio specialist to join our Technical team in a full-time salaried role.
- Extensive experience in professional audio technician roles.
- Proven experience using high end sound systems, digital audio consoles and live sound mixing.
- Wide knowledge and expertise in all areas of technical and audio-visual production including operating sound, lighting, counterweight fly and digital equipment.
- Understanding of theatre craft, terminology and theatre etiquette.
- Capacity and willingness to maintain currency and update skills in performing arts technology.
- Computer literacy including use of venue and audio/lighting software, and ability to read and draw CAD and other plans.
- Proven ability to work irregular hours, within a team environment, and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated communication skills for effective liaison with diverse range of groups and people.
- Co-operative approach in working with colleagues in other areas of the business to achieve organisational goals and strive for continuous improvement.
First Aid, Fire Warden, Working at Heights and Riggers tickets, and Ochre Card preferred. Assistance to achieve or maintain currency will be offered.
Email your CV and application letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org