Audio Visual Technician (Casual), Sydney Opera House
Posted on Monday, September 24th, 2012
Sydney Opera House takes people on a journey from the ordinary to the extraordinary – amplifying experiences and inspiring imaginations. A masterpiece of human creativity, the building is alive all year round with world class performance of every style and genre. As a member of the Sydney Opera House team, you play an important role in celebrating creativity and capturing the imaginations of people all over the world.
This position is responsible for the delivery of Audio Visual services including corporate, cinema, broadcast, system design and system operation to clients with the highest possible standards.
This position provides leadership in the delivery of Audio Visual services by contributing to the development of systems and standards that are customer focused and support performers to achieve excellence in their field of endeavour.
This position ensures compliance with relevant technical and OHS standards and contributes to the ongoing development of OHS awareness at Sydney Opera House.
• Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 3 years) in professional audio visual services.
• Demonstrated technical expertise, comprehensive skills and experience in all aspects of audio visual operation.
• Knowledge of Audio Visual Systems including: Barco, Christie, Folsom, Grass Valley, Doremi, Sony, Panasonic, Aja, Blackmagic Design, Coolux Pandoras Box, Dataton Watchout.
• Experience in Projection, Multi-Display and LED Wall Technology
• Knowledge of fibre optic technology
• EDID management, HDCP management
• File Management, File Conversion, File Conversion Applications.
• Good communication, team building, and interpersonal skills.
• Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights, good hearing and vision.
• Flexibility and commitment to continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated ability with computer systems like Qlab, Keynote, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc).
Job Status: Casual
Vacancy Reference Number: SOH385
Salary Package: $44.03 per hour (inclusive of base salary, penalties, casual loading and superannuation)
Salary Notes: This casual position is covered by the Sydney Opera House Enterprise Agreement 2010.
To Apply: Applicants must address all the selection criteria and submit their resume online at http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/careers
Please ensure that you address the selection criteria for this role – your application may not be considered otherwise.
Inquiries: Jeremy Christian
Applications close: 5pm Friday 5th October 2012