Audio Visual Technician – Alice Springs
Posted on Wednesday, September 15th, 2010
Looking for a challenge and a change in lifestyle? Then this role is for you!
• Flights to & from Alice Springs
• Plenty of Red Dust & opportunities to work outside & around Alice Springs on many varied & unique events
An immediate opportunity exists for a 6 – 12 months placement in Alice Springs, NT. Based at the Alice Springs Convention Centre, this role will involve working at a large and dynamic venue but also outside on exciting offsite events. If you like thinking outside the square & trying new things then this is a great way to improve your career.
In this role you will be responsible for the efficient delivery, installation, operation and removal of audiovisual and event staging equipment required to run shows at all levels.
• Delivery, operation and removal of audiovisual equipment from show locations
• Liaise with clients, crew, freelancers and venue staff in a professional manner and operate independently under show conditions
• Apply working knowledge of all equipment, its application, cabling requirements and identify likely problem areas
• Visually identify and assemble all equipment to the correct specification as per Level 1 competencies
• Demonstrate competency in the operation of the following equipment,
• Install and pack down equipment in a safe manner
• Test and check installed equipment including aligning, tuning and troubleshooting
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION
• Demonstrated competency in operating audio visual equipment
• Highly developed customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Maturity to deal with people at all levels of the organisation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexible to work after hours (when necessary)
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• Excellent grooming and presentation
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and a covering letter to Chris Hutton, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on this role please phone Chris Hutton on (08) 8159 9100.
Applications close on Tuesday, 27th September 2010