Audio & Lighting Senior Project Sales Engineer
Posted on Friday, September 6th, 2013
Lots of Watts Australia, one of Sydney’s leading audio and lighting specialists companies with hire, installation and sales divisions, is seeking a vibrant and passionate Audio & Lighting Project Sales Engineer.
This dynamic role is ideal for someone with broad industry experience in the design and quotation of entertainment/professional lighting and audio systems and equipment, in applications such as schools, houses of worship, theatres and contracting.
A passion for developing and nurturing strategic relationships with existing customers and developing new relationships to deliver first class solutions balanced with excellent company profitability is the applicant’s primary motivation.
The applicant will understand the competitive landscape in Sydney and know how to approach their sales process in a structured way to meet realistic yet demanding sales budgets by combining their technical competencies to translate a client’s needs into a sensible, budget appropriate and market competitive installation package – and deliver it successfully.
Of course you will get to play with and receive continual training on some of the newest pro sound and lighting products available along the way.
• Creating demand for Lots of Watts professional lighting and audio solutions in target segments.
• Developing new prospects and converting them to lifetime customers by providing superior solutions and service.
• Designing and recommending audio, lighting and lighting control solutions for both simple and complex installations.
• Answering incoming product and technical enquiries.
• Visiting and building relationships with schools, organisations, venues and customers in the Sydney market
• Meeting or exceeding annual sales budgets for installations.
Successful Applicant will Posses
• A passion and understanding of professional audio and entertainment lighting & control solutions;
• Superior communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, coupled with a flair for closing sales and developing long term relationships with customers;
• Minimum 3 years relevant industry experience, preferably including experience in or with leading performing arts venue(s), production companies and/or contractors;
• a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of modern professional audio and entertainment/pro lighting systems including system operation;
• An ability to work effectively as part of a team and demonstrate leadership;
• Ability to work unsupervised, plan your day and be a ‘self-starter’;
• Strong computer skills in a PC environment.
• a current and valid driver license;
• Industry white card
The Successful candidate will be remunerated based on experience + Superannuation + Car/Allowance + Laptop and phone. We offer room for advancement within the company and a predominantly 9 – 5 lifestyle, whilst still maintaining contacts within the exciting entertainment industry.
Apply to Lots of Watts Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 02 9638 0331