A unique opportunity to be part of the Production and Technical department for a leading performing arts company.
The Assistant Stage Manager is responsible for assisting the Stage Manager to fulfil stage management requirements in rehearsal and performance; assisting with props running and general backstage management for every performance. This is a touring position with approximately 18 weeks touring annually.
The working environment is dynamic, physically demanding, fast-paced and challenging. There is an emphasis on collaborative support and teamwork, and team members are encouraged to demonstrate leadership and take personal responsibility for maintaining the Company’s standard of professional excellence.
In order to be considered for this role you will require the following
- Extensive experience in Stage Management in an arts organisation
- Proficient in score reading and show calling
- Technical/professional proficiency
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and identify implications of decisions
- IT skills
- Time management skills
- Good communicator
- Leadership capabilities
- Team player
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Calm and Flexible in approach
- Problem solver
- Sense of humour
To view full position description please visit https://australianballet.com.au/corporate/careers
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Ange Park. Please include cover letter, addressing desired skills and experience with resume Applications close Friday 20th October 2017 at 5:00pm