ALIA seminars for Integrate ’09 – a call for suggestions
Posted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2008
Following on from the widely acclaimed success of the seminars programme at Entech 2008, ALIA is planning on extended seminar programmes for future shows. We are currently looking at the seminars we will be offering at the Integrate show (http://www.integrate-expo.com) in July next year. We are seeking input from the Lighting industry as to what topics we should be covering.
In a few weeks time we will be inviting you to make selections from a shortlist of topics selected by the ALIA committee, but right now we are seeking suggestions for possible seminar topics.
The current list for consideration is:
* From Design to Implementation: how to take a design and make it a reality(power, truss/rigging,data,touring considerations,etc…)
* Lighting Design – video as a lighting design element
* Lighting Design – telling the story – script analysis in lighting design
* The Paperwork of the LD – what is required
* PC vs Console Control – benefits and limitations of each technology in current and future control applications
* RDM – implementation and application.
* Imagination vs Documentation – the role of visualisation software in lighting design
* Visual Aids – the fine arts -paintings and photography for inspiration and creative dialogue.
* Colour and Movement – when and why should lights move.
* Artnet and network distribution of DMX/RDM
If you have any suggestions for additions to that list, please email your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.