Active Lighting joins Event Equipment
Posted on Wednesday, September 5th, 2012
Active Lighting, the Melbourne based lighting production company, has joined the Event Equipment group. All the Inventory and Team have moved over to Collingwood to join Event Equipment’s head office.
Since its humble beginnings in 1986, Active Lighting have expanded enormously and now provide Professional Lighting Hire and Production Services to a variety of markets, including Festivals, Film & Television, Commercial Theatre, Concert Touring, Special Events, and Professional Theatre.
In September 2012, Active Lighting & Event Equipment entered into a strategic relationship.
- The Active Lighting team joined the Event Equipment team at Event Equipment’s Victorian head office.
- Active Lighting continues to trade independently, but shares the management structure & administration resources with Event Equipment.
- Both companies have a strong theatrical lighting background and have both worked together over a number of years across some of Australia’s most significant cultural festivals and events.
- Leveraging off of Event Equipment, Active Lighting will have an increase in Inventory and full-time staff.
- Event Equipment have a base in Collingwood (Melboune) as well as in Rosebery (Sydney). They are a full service Audio Visual production company, with clients in varied industries including; Theatrical, Exhibition, Conference, Event, Private and Touring.
Andy Topp, Active Lighting’s founder, had this to say “We’re really excited to not only join Event Equipment, but that Active Lighting will continue to provide Film & TV, Stage and Event Lighting to our customers and now to a whole new range of Special Events clients”
Due to the relationship, Active Lighting has immediately grown its inventory on offer with significant holdings of the Coolux Pandoras Box systems as well as Jem Glaciator X-Streem Low Fog machine, DTS Delta R moving head LED wash fixtures, Pro Shop LED Quadcolour MultiPars & Battens, Trussing, and a range of conventional and intelligent lighting fixtures.
Michael Jankie, Event Equipment’s Managing Director commented “I’ve known Andy and the Active Lighting team for my entire career, we have worked alongside each other for a number of years, its great to have this opportunity to work even closer with the whole Active Lighting team. We have been given this opportunity to work with them to grow their inventory and strengthen their positioning in the market. The relationship brings to Event Equipment a great level of expertise and inventory for our operational team and existing customers. We’re really proud of what Active Lighting have done over the last 26 years and we will work our hardest to help keep that trajectory going over the next 26 years.”
Besides the new addresses at 139 Sackville Street in Collingwood and 60 Epsom Road in Rosebery, updated postal and banking details and a new website – http://www.activelighting.com.au – its business as usual with Kevin, Mark & Andy steering the ship.
For any enquires please contact Michael directly at email@example.com or 1300 134 841.